• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parts Needed:

Complete 350 MEFI setup
    My Build Thread:
    '71 K5 Build for the Wife

I'll be deleting the K5BP web page from Facebook on Sept 10th. I'm sick of their politics. From that point on, there will be zero FB announcements and zero Facebook integration with the K5BP website. I'm deleting my personal account with them as well.

Comment

• caveman
      caveman commented
      Editing a comment
      Must be something in the air. I deleted my account this morning.

• Sockalaminski
      Sockalaminski commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been sick of it for awhile. The only reason I stayed was for the K5BP page, but it wasn't driving much traffic here anyway.
  • Parts Needed:

Complete 350 MEFI setup
    My Build Thread:

UPDATE:
    Well, I guess the FB site will be up for 3 more days. Evidently my "I'm deleting my FB page and account" post is considered a "hot post" by facebook and they gave me a $10 boost post coupon. Might as well let it run out so more people will see how fed up I am. Maybe some of them will leave too.

Comment

Just an option. If you have another member that is avid user of Facebook, you could assign them admin priv of your Facebook Fan page for this site. That way you can delete your account and still keep the Facebook page up. That's what I did.

I detest Facebook!

Enjoy,
      William
      Christian Forums

Comment

I have not checked my Facebook in three months! almost forgot I even had an account there.
        1990 GMC Jimmy (not the pretend kind) in progress - Gen VI 454 TBI/TH400/NP241 Dana 60/14 Bolt

When I die, I want to go out peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming my head off like the passengers in his car!

If you are a "Supertramp", wouldn't you give more than a little bit?

Comment

• My Build Thread:
          Jack's 86 Build

I was getting so pissed at the click bait inflammatory fake articles I had to stop reading them. Now I just scroll to the cat chasing yarn videos and pics of peoples dinner. I'm much calmer now.

Comment

• My Build Thread:
            GobblerK5's '91 Build

^^^That's funny right there!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Custom Signature Under Construction...

Comment

• Parts Needed:

Complete 350 MEFI setup
              My Build Thread:

William I can't support a leftist liberal outlet such as Facebook whatsoever. I feel like the site and myself is better off without the affiliation. Take Starbucks for instance. I don't spend much there, but my wife loves the Keurig Starbucks Italian roast. Today at Costco, we decided not to buy the Starbucks brand due to their CEO endorsement of Hillary Clinton. Never again will Starbucks get a dime from us.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockalaminski View Post
                William I can't support a leftist liberal outlet such as Facebook whatsoever. I feel like the site and myself is better off without the affiliation. Take Starbucks for instance. I don't spend much there, but my wife loves the Keurig Starbucks Italian roast. Today at Costco, we decided not to buy the Starbucks brand due to their CEO endorsement of Hillary Clinton. Never again will Starbucks get a dime from us.

I can most certainly respect your decisions to not support businesses with questionable ethics and morality. In some cases, I must say "ignorance is bliss". I mean where does it stop, we know Apple and Google etc support leftist agendas. But really, are we going to stop using the internet altogether? I can't even turn on Netflix without seeing certain questionable categories that go against everything I believe. But you're right, I don't support Starbucks or even Target either. Facebook, honestly, I didn't know that about them, though I just didn't like the website.

I think one of the most difficult things in America, but what makes it great is how we respond to people with different convictions then us. There is most certainly nothing wrong with boycotting a store, I think that is as a peaceful protest as it comes.

Enjoy,
                William
                Last edited by William; 09-11-2016, 06:26 PM.
                Christian Forums

Comment

Working...
                X