Collapse

GobblerK5's...2004 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heck yeah. When you get out of your vehicle, if you don’t look back to admire it, your not driving the right one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• First snowfall for this winter...my truck as I went to leave work today...

About 2.5" or so...

All roads were just wet on the commute home...but they're gonna be black ice and more snow packed on top in the morning. Doesn't matter to me as I'll just be walking 300yds behind my house to the hunting hut in the morning!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Custom Signature Under Construction...

Comment

• I've had a hood flutter since I bought the truck. Tried adjusting the hood latch but that wasn't it. Issue is the two adjustment studs on each side of core support. The threads on them are frozen. I've been periodically soaking them with penetrant, so far they still won't budge.

So I ordered new adjustment studs and the lil rubber bumper thingys that sit on top of the fender. Ordered from LMC truck...

Got them installed and still had a hood flutter...so I had an idea since I couldn't get the adjustment studs to break loose so I could move them up. Instead I added a felt cushion that goes on the bottom of a chair to the top of each rubber stud. Worked like a charm!

Comment

• Snowbound
          Snowbound commented
          Editing a comment
          That actually took care of the flutter? Anyone who rides in my truck on the highway asks if my hood is closed all the way. I just tell them that’s just a side effect from trying to contain all that power under flimsy sheet metal. But seriously, I tried adjusting mine to get it to stop. When I lowered the latch the hood was lower than the fenders and it drove me crazy so I put it back and just deal with it. My fiberglass cowl didn’t even move this bad on Big Red. Thanks for planting the seed, might have to give it a try.

• I've been fighting the stomach flu since last Sunday night, horrible...day 3 and I'm getting better. Still having unusual abdomen noises, but needed to get up and do something that wasn't, well too far from the "office".

So I finally started & finished the wiring on the LEDs in the rear bumper for additional back up lights...

Comment

• Otw home from work at a stoplight, I noticed that I only had passenger side low beam bulb burning in reflection on back of a Tahoe in front of me...Advance Auto was one block away...so...I bought these...

Comment

• Put the crew cab to work today hauling mulch...then I was put to work spreading mulch...two trailer loads and tomorrow I go get a third. Then it's supposed to snow on Saturday? Crazy weather...

Anyway, some crew cab in action pics...

Comment

• Hoss blazer
              Hoss blazer commented
              Editing a comment
              Man I wish I could see green grass right now as well!! We got dumped on the other day after 98% of the snow was gone.

• Snowbound
              Snowbound commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like momma is flexing the whip. At least you know how to spin it into your favor by turning it into a photo shoot. Lol. Just busting your balls, that’s why I hate mulch, it’s constant maintenance. Might need to look at springing for the fake mulch. It’s expensive in comparison but it’s once and done, won’t sit there and smolder and decay or tell her your buying a dump trailer so you don’t have to shovel anymore. Dump trailer is a lot more expensive than the fake mulch. Wait, isn’t this why we have kids to begin with? They are the under links and should be doing your physical labor while you kill beers and supervise.

• GobblerK5
              GobblerK5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Kiddos were out "shopping" with mama that day. On Friday I did get mama and the kiddos out shoveling and spreading the 3rd load of mulch. It's been 4 yrs since we got mulch...

• Truck is looking good. Stay on it and it’ll stay that way. Mine is fucked! It’s about too far gone to do anything with anymore. I’m either gonna canabalize it like I intended in the beginning or I need to buy a new bed and cab for it. I’d rather do the cab swap then deal with the body work. These new vehicles don’t last for shit anymore.

Comment

• GobblerK5
              GobblerK5 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you cannibalize it...my buddy needs two front door interior panels. His are missing the speaker covers...

• Mine is starting to show some rocker rust...

And yes, the chair felt pads completely solved my hood flutter...

Comment

Working...
            X