• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parts Needed:

Complete 350 MEFI setup
    My Build Thread:
    '71 K5 Build for the Wife

Custom image BBCODE

One of the things that bothers me about writing in forums, especially with a lot of text with pics, is the way the text doesn't flow around the picture. This code makes it possible to have more professional looking and better flowing posts. I think it also makes the posts more readable. This is a test of the image code image-left. Shoot out your opinions. I'd like to hear them. I can also create an image-right code if anyone finds this useful. This is some text before the image. The image code is inserted after this sentence. The text is now wrapping around the right side of the image. This is best used for writeups and articles where flowing text would be best for the presentation of the images or where the text is a description of the particular image. The image tag used to make this happen is "imgL" with a closing of "/imgL" both wrapped with brackets of course. I have not tested with photobucket img urls. If someone could try it out by just pasting the PB url between the tags, and then changing the PB img tags to imgl. That would be great. I really need to get a PB account for testing this stuff.

• Parts Needed:

Time, Money, Ambition . . . in no specific order. AND SOME GD COOL WEATHER!! But need an LS3 intake manifold.

Definitely.

Comment

• Duke4az
      Duke4az commented
      Editing a comment
      Am I the only one on here that does not know how to do this publication type shtuff? I am not sure what BBCode is.

No, let me rephrase that.

I don't even know what BBCODE is.

• Sockalaminski
      Sockalaminski commented
      Editing a comment
      BBCode = Bulletin Billboard Code

It is the underlying markup language used in forums. If you open a post to edit it and click the button to see the "source" of the message, you will see the bbcodes in brackets. Opening and closing anything in between like image urls, italic text, colored text, text size, videos, bold text and in this case, text that flows around an inserted image. It allows you to present your writing in the style you want it to be read in. There is a bbcode reference on this site in the help section http://www.k5blazersplus.com/forums/help at the bottom of the menu on the left.

• Duke4az
      Duke4az commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. I will look into it . . . just after I finish my garage, setting up my parents bed and bath rooms, pull the POS blown 6.2L diesel, TH700R4 & NP208 and strip the rest off of the donor burb I have sheltering the weeds from the harsh AZ sun. Hopefully some time in the next two weeks. It is good know the what the acronyms stand for. Just part of the vocabulary.
  • Parts Needed:

Parts Wanted: Parts For Sale:

I like that run around layout code. It looks real professional like you see in a magazine. Do It...

Comment

Looks good to me! It even looks a bit familiar! Nice for sure!

Comment

Looks good. It's always good to have day to day improvements on a site. Sites grow like this every day and the good comes out of them when they grow this way. Great work.

Comment

Working...
        X