X-Over Steering.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parts Needed:

Time, Money, Ambition . . . in no specific order. AND SOME GD COOL WEATHER!! But need an LS3 intake manifold.

I ended up lowering the x-member to accommodate the LS motor I stuck in the front. I will be looking at that this weekend to see what is going to be needed there.

Tires? Probably no larger than 33's.

Comment

• Hoss blazer
      Hoss blazer commented
      Editing a comment
      That's gonn be a big oh no I'm gonna say!!!!

• Duke4az
      Duke4az commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean dropping the x-member. After reading through all of the information, I am pretty concerned that I may need to redo the x-member again or raise the truck or scrap the idea all together. None of those options is desirable.

The x-over high steer was scope creep as it was, so I may abandon that idea if it does turn out to be a PITA. I don't think my current intended use for the truck requires it, but that may change once I get it back in the dirt. I guess I will address it at that time.
      Last edited by Duke4az; 09-30-2016, 08:26 AM.

• Hoss blazer
      Hoss blazer commented
      Editing a comment
      Here's a few pics of where mine sits, stock location but I've cut the back lip off of the cross member. Also knocked it to wedge the 468 in there w/o hitting the oil pan

• Parts Needed:

Time, Money, Ambition . . . in no specific order. AND SOME GD COOL WEATHER!! But need an LS3 intake manifold.

The pics are what the doctor ordered. As you mentioned, looks like about 5 inches of life and after notching the x-member, about 3 inches of clearance between the x-m and the drag link. Even without looking, I can already tell I am going to have to get creative to get x-over steer underneath that truck.

If you have an opportunity in the near future, please take a couple of photos of the steering gear as it is installed. It will probably look the same as the one I currently have on my truck but seeing both sides of the installation will be helpful. Again, appreciate the information.

Comment

138Modified

Comment

Working...
      X