K5 Seats to K10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K5 Seats to K10

Anyone put K5 Front buckets into a K10? I know i'd have to change out some things to make them work seat track wise and fab some inside mounting brackets(to the floor). I've watched milkcrate82's youtube vids where he used 85ish 'Burban seats, but wanted feedback from anyone here who's done it. I won't have anyone to ride in the truck with me(maybe my dad if i take it Florida ever) but no one else is gonna climb up into it. I'd like to have a center console to hold things in, plus it'll have a good cupholder for the morning coffee on the way to work. Thanks gang

Should be easy enough. The outside mounting holes will prob line up and then just mark the inside and bolt it down. Just be sure to make a plate on the bottom, hate to see the seat rip from the floor God forbid you get into an accident.

Comment

yeah, planned on adding a plate under the cab to reinforce the area

Comment

The floor on a k10 is similar to a Suburban, not flat like a K5. You will need the Suburban mounts to for the seats, or just seats from a Suburban.
        1990 GMC Jimmy (not the pretend kind) in progress - Gen VI 454 TBI/TH400/NP241 Dana 60/14 Bolt

When I die, I want to go out peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming my head off like the passengers in his car!

If you are a "Supertramp", wouldn't you give more than a little bit?

Comment

but i can take the bases off the k5 seats, which will make them the proper height for the k10

Comment

The seats will work if you use the pedestals from a Suburban or pickup with buckets
            1990 GMC Jimmy (not the pretend kind) in progress - Gen VI 454 TBI/TH400/NP241 Dana 60/14 Bolt

When I die, I want to go out peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming my head off like the passengers in his car!

Comment

you mean the sliders right?

Comment

• Iggy
                Iggy commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes

• truedeadman
                truedeadman commented
                Editing a comment
                ok. the suburban ones don't fit the floors right either. There is a way to put the upper bucket and lower slider together to make the seats work...the way milkcrate82 did on youtube.

I know it has been 30 some years since I did it, I put a set of bucket seats in a 1985 K20 that came out of a 1984 Suburban. I do not recall having any issues other than drilling the two extra holes for each seat plus holes for a console.

Comment

Of all the things I have lost, it is my mind I miss the most!

I went and looked at that video, trying to remember what I did back then - that truck was long gone by 1988 and replaced with a K20 Suburban! I have moved a lot of seats around over the years in many different vehicles and had to make minor mods. I like his suggestion of taking the mount off the floor of the Suburban and that may be what I did - I do recall chiseling some off for a vehicle, just not sure which one.

Comment

or you can fab up a bracket like he did, which is fairly easy.

Comment

Working...
                  X